With free agency winding down and the 2020 NFL Draft less than a month away it’s time for more and more Mock Drafts. Today we give you version 2.0 by Trevor Petrillo showing off what could happen in the first round that is bound to be exciting.
2020 NFL Mock Draft
1. Cincinnati Bengals – Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Washington Redskins – Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
3. Miami Dolphins (Projected Trade with Detroit) – Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
4. New York Giants – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
5. Detroit Lions (Projected trade with Miami) – Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio state
6. Los Angeles Chargers – Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
7. Carolina Panthers – Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
8. Arizona Cardinals – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
I know, I know they just got DeAndre Hopkins from the Texans, but Larry Fitzgerrald is getting up there in age. Jeudy is a stud route runner, has speed and explosiveness with his game changing ability most likely will make him the first WR taken off the board. Think about this for a second, Kyler Murray, Kenyan Drake, Larry Fitzgerrald, DeAndre Hopkins and Christian Kirk how much fun would that be?
9. Jacksonville Jaguars – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
The Jaguars trading away Nick Foles and giving the reigns to Gardner Minshew either proves one of the the two. They either love Gardner Minshew or they are preparing to tank. The Chargers have been linked to Herbert at six but they still need to fill the left tackle spot. Herbert to the Jags makes sense to me as they get a franchise quarterback that can either sit for a year behind Minshew or be thrown in the fire!
10. Cleveland Browns – Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
11. New York Jets – CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
12. Las Vegas Raiders – Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
13. San Francisco 49ers – Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
The 49ers dealt Deforest Buckner to the Colts in exchange for a few late rounds picks and the 13th overall Pick. Trading away Buckner leaves a big hole in the middle of the defense for the Super Bowl runners up. Derrick Brown is a stud, game wrecking DT. Put on the film and watch Brown single handily take over games in the loaded SEC conference. A front seven that already has Nick Bosa, Dee Ford and Arik Armstead gets even scarier adding Derrick Brown.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
The case can be made that the Buccaneers won the offseason with the addition of Tom Brady. With the combination of Godwin and Evans that puts Tampa bay in the drivers seat for a long playoff run. Offensive tackle is one of the spots that can be upgraded. Andrew Thomas is a plug and play left tackle that can allow the Bucs to slide Donovan Smith over to right tackle solidifying the that can protect the GOAT.
15. Denver Broncos – Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
16. Atlanta Falcons – CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
17. Dallas Cowboys – Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
18. Miami Dolphins – Grant Delpit, S, LSU
19. Las Vegas Raiders – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
20. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
21. Philadelphia Eagles – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
22. Minnesota Vikings – K’Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU
23. New England Patriots – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
This one is tough to write, as a die hard Patriots fan Tom Brady leaving hasn’t really sunk in yet. 20 years under center in New England the quarterback position has never been In question. Jarrett Stidham gets the first crack to take over for the GOAT. I am high on Stidham and I think he can win games and get his team to the playoffs. What do they say? Completion breeds success? Jordan Love will give Stidham a run for his money for the starting job. Athletic, quick decision making and accuracy make Love a high upside pick here and maybe start a new dynasty in New England.