The following is an Andrew Thomas NFL Draft Profile highlighting everything that you need to know about the Georgia Left tackle. Listed below is his scouting report highlighting positives and concerns while looking at his NFL player comparison, projection while providing game clips and any other articles and information about him.
Andrew Thomas NFL Draft Profile
Left tackle is one of the premier positions in the NFL. It’s a cornerstone piece that teams have to get right. Luckily, this year looks as deep as it has in recent memory at this position. There has been a lot of debate about who the top guy is for this offensive tackle class. While I think there are three worthy candidates, I have to give the edge to Georgia big man Andrew Thomas.
- Quick feet. Can slide well to protect the edge.
- Moves well down the line to attack defenders outside shoulder.
- Strong. Can get push at the point of attack.
- Can find work in space. Good at making second level blocks.
- Comes off as a high IQ player. Seems very aware of what’s happening.
- Extends his arms well.
- Strong base in pass pro.
- Not sure he has elite fluidity. There might be better pass protectors in this class.
- Maybe not an elite athlete.
Thomas is a premiere prospect who should be able to step into the NFL right away and make an impact. I think he can be a great run blocker who can win with power or by getting out in space and making touchdown blocks. While he could be a little more fluid as he slides to protect the edge, Thomas is a guy I would trust to protect the blindside.
Thomas is a top 10 prospect in this class and I would be surprised if he fell outside of that come draft day. He is a plug and play left tackle who should put together a long and successful NFL career with multiple pro bowl appearances.
Player Comparison: Tyron Smith