The following is a 2019 Devin Bush NFL Draft Profile highlighting everything that you need to know about the Wolverine line backer. Listed below is his scouting report highlighting strengths and weaknesses while looking at his NFL player comparison and his projection. Here at NFL Draft Geek we also like to provide all of our play cut ups, video breakdowns and any other important articles that will give our full view of who we think he is as a prospect.
Devin Bush NFL Draft Profile
Height: 6-0 Weight: 240 School: Michigan
- Excellent athleticism. Has the speed to be a true sideline to sideline player.
- Fluid athlete, changes directions with ease.
- Is comfortable in coverage. Has the athleticism and speed needed to be a successful cover linebacker. Can turn and run with receivers.
- Dangerous as a blitzer thanks to his closing speed and smarts. Times his blitzes well.
- Mental processing is top notch. Rarely makes the incorrect reads and is always around the ball.
- Strong, efficient tackler who misses very few tackles.
- Motor is hot and is a strong and active in pursuit
- Overall strength is not the best. At times can get eaten up by big, strong offensive linemen.
- Struggles to get off blocks when linemen lock up with him.
- Size and physicality are limiting factors. May never be a great in the box defender.
Line backers like Devin Bush are slowly becoming the new norm in the NFL. Big down hill run defenders are becoming less and less needed and guy who can run, blitz and cover like Bush have been replacing them. Bush fits this build as he is a bit smaller and lacks the physical nature of backers of the past. He more than makes up for this with his athleticism and ability to attack or cover. What really makes Bush special is his processing, which is among the best in the entire class.
This linebacker class is very top heavy and luckily for Bush he is either number one or two. He will likely hear his name called in the first half of the first round. We have seen many of this new breed of linebackers have a ton of success in the NFL as of late. There is no reason why Bush should not continue this success. Bush has Pro Bowl ability and should be an immediate contributor for what ever NFL defense ends up with him.
NFL Comparison: Lavonte David