Height: 6’2 Weight: 239 School: California
- Great tackler , adjust body and wraps up on the finish.
- HIGH motor never takes a play off, rallies to the football, outworks his teammates in pursuit of the ball.
- Smart football player, high IQ. Understands blocking angels doesn’t get caught in the shuffle
- Block shedding is one of his strong points, does a great job getting his hands inside and shedding the blocker and finding the football.
- His high football IQ helps him close to the line of scrimmage and in his gap shooting ability
- Limited athlete , not very explosive takes too long to get started and flow to the ball.
- Sideline to sideline range is not a high point in Weaver’s game, struggles out in space.
- Lacks coverage skills , doesn’t have the hips to turn and run in coverage
- Lacks flexibility, very stiff. Not much bend in his game.
Evan Weaver is a football player plain and simple, old school in the box downhill linebacker. Highly productive player at Cal 407 tackles in his four year career, and a gaudy 181 total tackles in his senior campaign. Outstanding tackler in college, always around the football in the box, limited when you get him outside the numbers. Highly intelligent player, rarely gets caught out of position understands what offenses are trying to do and beats blockers to the punch. Block shedding is something he has improved at over his time in college. Extends his hands and gets off blocks. Weaver isn’t a stud athlete lacks explosiveness. Very tight in the hips which leads to being a liability in space. Struggles when asked to drop in coverage carriers the Receiver well but doesn’t have the footwork or the hips to run with them.
Weaver is a day three prospect in the upcoming April draft, Weaver is a old school two down linebacker. Weaver will most likely make a mark early in the NFL on special Teams, I think he can become a reliable starter in the league at inside linebacker. Look for the panthers & Lions as two teams that Weaver could land with.