The following is a Jedrick Wills NFL Draft Profile highlighting everything that you need to know about the Alabama right tackle. Listed below is his scouting report highlighting positives and concerns while looking at his NFL player comparison, projection while providing game clips and any other articles and information about him.
Jedrick Wills NFL Draft Profile
Height: Weight: School: Alabama
One of the biggest risers in 2019 was Alabama right tackle Jedrick Wills. Entrusted with protecting his quarterback’s blindside Wills emerged as one of the top offensive tackles in the country. Now he sets his sights to the NFL where he projects to again be at the top of many offensive tackle rankings. Here’s what I see with one of the biggest names in the draft.
- Easy mover. Light bouncy feet that he uses to mirror his opponent well.
- Athletic. Gets out in space quickly on pulls and screens.
- Good base. You can see he has the strength you want.
- Directs his man well and seals off opponents to create running lanes.
- Needs to sustain blocks longer. Doesn’t lock on with his hands enough.
- Hand placement isn’t great when trying to land his initial punch in pass pro.
- Will bend at the waist at times.
- Doesn’t finish blocks as much as I would want. Might lack that nastiness you want in the trenches.
Wills looks like a great athlete and moves very well for the position. Can move down the line and is decent in space. More importantly, he moves extremely well in pass protection and could be an excellent NFL pass blocker. His power is just good, not great, so he might be better suited for a zone blocking scheme. Needs refinement with his hand usage.
I think Wills is a top fifteen lock, if not top ten. He’s very athletic and projects as a top end pl ass blocker. If he can clean up his hand usage then he’ll likely be in the conversation as one of the top offensive tackles in the game down the line.
Player comparison: Eric Fisher