April 23, 2017 at 10:19 am #1670
- Contributions - 16
1. Cleveland Browns- Myles Garret DE/OLB Texas A&M- This is the easiest pick in the draft. Cleveland don’t over think it.
2. San Francisco- Malik Hooker S Ohio State- I love Soloman Thomas but I don’t think they will take him. hooker fits the new scheme that the 9ers are running. This could be a little reach but could be a game changer.
3. Chicago Bears- Soloman Thomas DE/DT Stanford- Thomas would be a great fit in Chicago and give the Bears a piece to build around. I can see Thomas making the Pro Bowl this year and then being an All-Pro the next
4. Jacksonville Jaguars- Leonard Fournette RB LSU- This makes just as much sense as the first overall pick. Fournette adds the juice and physicality that Jacksonville needs in their run game.
5. Tennessee Titans- Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State- He is a smooth athlete that can shut down anyone on the field. My one worry with him is his injury history. Besides that Tennessee is reaping the rewards from the Rams trade a year ago.
6. New York Jets- Jamal Adams S LSU- I know I know, the Jets suck at QB but hear me out. I don’t like any of these QBs in the top ten even if they need one.(Wait till next year’s QB class. That will be the fun one) Adams is a great safety that can play in the box and is underrated as a high safety.
7. San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama- The Gm just threw a chair across the room after that last pick. Allen is a fine back up pick and gives the Chargers a very scary d-line.
8. Carolina Panthers- Christian McCaffery RB Stanford- If Fournette is gone this will probably be the pick. McCaffery gives the Panthers a receiver and runner that can break a game open.
9. Cincinnati Bengals- Reuben Foster LB Alabama- Yeah he has had some off the field issues but he is still going top ten. With Foster the Bengals get a linebacker that can take over a game on defense.
10. Buffalo Bills- Deshaun Watson QB Clemson- Buffalo is a weird one where they can go in any direction. Watson seems to be the kind of QB were you give him some weapons and he gets you to 9-7 or 10-6.
11. New Orleans Saints- O.J. Howard TE Alabama- Saints need defense bad but they are known to go in different direction. Howard gives Brees a miss match nightmare in the middle of the field.
12. Cleveland Browns- Mitchell Tribusky QB North Carolina- Get the cornerstone on defense and then on offense. Tribusky could be the best QB in this class and could be the savior the Browns have needed.
13. Arizona Cardinals- Mike Williams WR Clemson- This is a huge draft for the Cardinals both for the present and future. I expect them to have a mixture of both and Williams is a high point 50-50 ball machine. You can make a very good argument that he was the reason they won the National Championship.
14. Philadelphia Eagles- Gareon Conley CB Ohio State- The Eagles need corners and Conely is one of the best and gives the Eagles a reliable player for years to come.
15. Indianapolis Colts- Derek Barnett DE Tennessee- Indy needs a lot of things but Barnett is to good to pass up. He isn’t as athletic as Garrett but was stride for stride with him production wise.
16. Baltimore Ravens- Forrest Lamp OG Western Kentucky- As a Ravens fan I would yell “Thank God!!”. Lamp is a plug and play guard that can upgrade the o-line and the run game.
17. Washington Redskins- Malik McDowell DE/DT Michigan State- Washington gets the d-line help is desperately needs. McDowell has some attitude and drive concerns but could end up being one of the best in the draft.
18. Tennessee Titans- Corey Davis WR Western Michigan- He may be the best WR in the draft but did go to a small school. Regardless He will be Mariota’s favorite weapon.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Dalvin Cook RB FSU- Off- field concerns send him to this spot where he could be a star in Tampa with his great vision and acceleration.
20. Denver Broncos- Garret Bolles OT Utah- He has a nasty streak that would be a welcome addition to this Denver line. He could start at left or right tackle and possibly guard.
21. Detroit Lions- Haason Reddick LB Temple- He is a versatile player that could be the linebacker they have need for a while. Reddick could go even higher than this as he has been rising for months.
22. Miami Dolphins- Jarrad Davis LB Florida- Athletic and physical Davis could be a great linebacker for the Dolphins. If Davis can stay healthy and become a more controlled tackler he could be a steal.
23. New York Giants- David NJoku TE Miami- The Giants give Manning another weapon in that offense. Njoku could become a very good tight end if he figures out his traits and position.
24. Oakland Raiders- Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama- Long, solid, and athletic he could be the best corner in this draft or not in the top 5. Humphrey has everything you look for in a corner.
25. Houston Texans- Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech- Rumor has it Bill O’Brian loves Mahomes and I think they will take him. Mahomes can look like a 1st round pick or a last round pick. Mahomes is a few years away from being a good QB
26. Seattle Seahawks- Cam Robinson OT Alabama- Big,physical and athletic he could be a top ten pick if someone is willing to take his technique issues on. Could be a Pro Bowler or a bust.
27. Kansas City Chiefs- Curtis Samuel WR/RB Ohio State- This would be a suprise pick but it makes sense. Kansas City likes its explosive athletes and Samuel is in the mold of Tyrek Hill.
28. Dallas Cowboys- Charles Harris DE Missouri- Another in the pipeline of Mizzou linemen he could be the best. His spin move is crazy good and he could be a year one starter right away.
29. Green Bay Packers- Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado- Awuzie is a versatile player that can be a corner stone in the Green Bay secondary.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers- Carl Lawson DE Auburn- Lawson has some injury concerns but when he is on the field he can be a dominate threat. Pittsburgh sent its Head Coach to his pro day and that typically means that is the pick.
31. Atlanta Falcons- Dan Feeney OG Indiana- Feeney is a zone guard that fits Atlanta’s system. Feeney is a good guard that is a plug and play player that starts game one and you forget that position is a need
32.New Orleans Saints- Tak McKinley OLB UCLA- He is a freak athlete that once he puts it all together could be a regular Pro Bowler. The Saints take a pass rusher over a corner due to the depth at corner.
Review- This is such a top heavy and deep draft that could be a very hard one to predict, even number one is now in doubt because of Garrett’s new motor concerns. Great draft could remind some of that spectacular 2011 draft class.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.