The following is a 2019 Nick Bosa NFL Draft Profile highlighting everything that you need to know about the Ohio St pass rusher. Listed below is his scouting report highlighting strengths and weaknesses while looking at his NFL comparison and his projection. Here at NFL Draft Geek we also like to provide all of our play cut ups, video breakdowns and any other important articles that will give our full view of who we think he is as a prospect.
Nick Bosa NFL Draft Profile
Height: 6’4 Weight: 265 School: Ohio State
- Prototypical size; at 6’4/265 has the desired length and bulk for the NFL.
- Explosive first step. Come off the line in a hurry and generates some serious depth in just a couple steps.
- Possesses top notch change of directional skill highlighted by his smooth counters.
- Bendy when turning the edge. Able to dip shoulder and maintain balance while turning OTs.
- Hands are heavy and refined. Best part of his game. Uses arm length to keep OTs from engaging.
- Has a deep bag of pass rush tools. Wins with rips, spins and swims.
- Strong run defender. Consistently sets the edge thanks to his strength and power.
- Diverse pass rusher; can win with power, speed, or moves.
- Has little experience playing in space and off the ball; something that could be required of him at the next level.
- Has far as speed is concerned he does not have elite straight line speed.
Bosa is on the very shortlist of players who could go number one overall in the 2019 draft. Has a freaky combination of size, explosion and strength. Hands are heavy and some of the best to come out of the college ranks in years. Possesses a deep toolbox of pass rush moves and the smarts to know when to use them. Bend and athleticism is there. High effort player who excels at defending the run as well as rushing the passer.
Missed large portion of 2018 season due to Upper Body Injury.
Bosa has all the tools to be a day one starter in the NFL. Skillset it scheme transcendent. Has the ability to be a perennial pro bowl player early in his career.
Player Comparison:Joey Bosa