Patrick Queen NFL Draft Profile
Height: 6’1 Weight: 224 School: LSU
- Lateral movement is off the charts, excellent foot speed effortless mover
- Great tackler, explosive finisher brings his pads every time.
- Football IQ is off the charts, routinely gets to the spot of the ball carrier before blockers have a clean chance at him.
- His explosiveness is second to none, great burst. Helps in his gap shooting ability.
- His flexibility is something that helps him a lot in zone and man allowing him to carry routes into his zone.
- Odd career at LSU only started 16 games couldn’t crack the starting lineup every week.
- His overall length isn’t great , doesn’t always get his hands extended into the blocker.
- Needs to add some bulk and strength , gets overwhelmed by blockers at times.
Queen is the type of linebacker that all NFL defensive coordinators want right now, fast, athletic, rangy impressive sideline to sideline speed. His football IQ is impressive his play recognition is off the charts, usually first to the ball , rarely gets caught in the shuffle. First step explosiveness is one of the things Queen has in his arsenal, great burst to get downhill and shoot the gaps. His flexibility is IMO the best in the Draft class at LB, great hips and great feet and his aforementioned range is a big reason he excels in zone coverage. Queen had a interesting career at LSU only starting 16 games which is something that some scouts see as a question mark. Queen doesn’t always gets his hands extended and gets over taken by lineman at the line of scrimmage. Adding strength will help Queen in the NFL , at times gets over powered by bigger players at times in the SEC.
Queen is a three down linebacker in the league , Great speed and range are two things NFL coaches love and Queen excels in both of those aspects. End of the first round beginning of the second is where Queen should come off the board. Queen should be the third LB off the board behind Simmons & Murray. He will test off the charts in Indy at the combine which might thrust him into the mid first round. Raiders & Packers are teams that Queen would fit well.
Player Comparison: Deion Jones